Penedés Wine Bike Tour in Barcelona
What You'll Do
South of Barcelona lies the Penedés wine region. It is mostly known for its white wine and cava: 95% of this Spanish sparkling wine is produced in this area. There's lots to explore, and you can get there by train from the Barcelona city centre in only 50 minutes.The Penedés Wine Touroffers you a splendid day of bicycle riding through the vineyards, including of course a visit to a wine cellar. The tour is very popular among connoisseurs, and very recommended for people who are not - yet - connoisseurs or just want to spend a day outside the city, ejnoying the lovely Catalan countryside.
- 10:00 at the train station Lavern-Subirats (50 minutes from Barcelona)
- Return train to Barcelona: 13:54 h from Lavern-Subirats
- TIP: Stay in the area for a true rural lunch! (local lunch hour from 14:00-16:00)
- This tour either starts at a meeting point described above, or it doesn't have a fixed starting point: please contact us after booking to specify your preferred starting point.
How to get there:
- The train “Renfe Cercanies R4” leaves at 09:15 from Plaça Catalunya. You will find the station entrance on the corner of Ronda Universitat and Rambla de Catalunya. Trains also leave from the Arc de Triomf and Sants stations.
- NB: This tour is available from Monday to Friday.
- Tour price includes: bicycle, helmet, water, knowledgeable English-speaking guide, winery visit, wine/cava tasting.
- Tour minimum: 2 persons